This online material is designed to accompany your 5-day intensive course at Masters English. The structure of the online material mirrors the structure of the in-class assignments. Below you can find an overview of the course structure.
Our first day together is focused on learning some basic phrases for;
- Introducing yourself
- Welcoming a visitor to your company
- Making basic professional small talk
- Talking about your professional qualifications
- Give a visitor a tour of your office, the facilities, and introduce him to your colleagues.
By the end of this unit, you will be able to do all of these things using the correct vocabulary and phrases.
Day 2 focuses on talking about and explaining operational safety procedures. At the end of this unit, you will be able to explain and talk about the following;
- Workplace hazards
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Give instructions on how to work safely on the yard
- Fill out an accident report
Today we will be looking at how to make technical comparisons and presentation. At the end of this unit, you will be able to;
- Explain dimensions and tolerances
- Compare the similarities and difference of two devices
- Present and talk about the primary differences between the tkms 209 class and 212 class submarines
How does it work?
With the help of local experts, you will hear and watch how various technical systems work.
Each system will be explained, you will receive a list of important vocabulary terms, and an analyses of the basic language you need to know in order to explain technical systems.